Saturday, December 1, 2007

"This is Me. Could I please speak with U?"

"Never let the sun go down upon your anger."

When you occasionally have a really bad day, and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know. (That was meant to be sarcastic, not serious)
Heres how:
I was sitting at my desk wall angry and stressed.I took out my phone and dialled some random number..Teet teet, teet teet..A man answered, saying "Hello." I politely said, "This is Me. Could I please speak with U?". The man answered, " Im sorry im not U. I think u got the wrong number.Getting a little frustrated, I said " Of course this is U!How can you not be U?!". The man, beginning to sound slightly agitated said, "I think u woke up from the wrong side of bed today. U are acting like a complete nincompoop!". Having someone call u a nincompoop when u are in a state of complete frustration, anger, hatred and stress, is not really helping. So I said, "Im actually trying to make u angry."

I mean what is that? Telling someone u dont know that ur trying to make him angry. It sounds nuts! But I guess when ur angry, u do anything and everything without thinking. U become wierd. U feel alone. And u feel good when u make others angry. U want them to share ur pain.

"Suddenly a manic voice yelled out in my ear "Get a life nincompoop!" and the phone was slammed down on me. I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude .I kept his number. After a few days,I decided to call that guy who called me a nincompoop again. He made me sound like I was pigeons poop. Degraded me. I felt hurt. I felt challenged. I felt like life was not worth living. God, I can be so emotional! Anyways, when the same guy answered the phone, I yelled "You're a nincompoop!" and hung up.I wrote his number down with the word 'nincompoop' next to it, and put it in my desk drawer. Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, I'd call him up and yell, "You're a nincompoop!" It always cheered me up.When Caller ID was introduced, I thought my therapeutic 'nincompoop' calling would have to stop. So, I called his number and said, "Hi,this is Me from a non-existent telephone company. I'm calling to see if you're familiar with our Caller ID Program?"He yelled "NO!" and slammed down the phone. I quickly called him back and said, "That's because you're a nincompoop!" and hung up.

One day I was at the store, getting ready to pull into a parking spot. Some guy in a black BMW(rich maniac) cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I'd been waiting for that spot, but the idiot ignored me. I noticed a "For Sale" sign in his back window, so I wrote down his number. A couple of days later, right after calling the first nincompoop (I had his number on speed dial,) I thought that I'd better call the BMW nincompoop, too.I said, "Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?"He said, "Yes, it is." I asked, "Can you tell me where I can see it?" He said, "Yes, I live at 24, Taman Segah, Putrajaya. It's a yellow bangalow, and the car's parked right out in front."I asked, "What's your name?" He said, "My name is , Amad" I asked, "When's a good time to catch you, Amad?" He said, "I'm home every evening after five." I said, "Listen, Amad, can I tell you something?"He said, "Yes?"I said, "Amad, you're a nincompoop!" Then I hung up, and added his number to my speed dial, too.Now, when I had a problem, I had two nincompoops to call.Then I came up with an idea. I called nincompoop #1. He said, "Hello." I said, "You're a nincompoop!" (But I didn't hang up.) He asked, "Are you still there?" I said, "Yeah," He screamed, "Stop calling me," I said, "Make me," He asked, "Who are you?" I said, "My name is Amad." He said, "Yeah? Where do you live?" I said, "Nincompoop, I live at 2, Taman Segah, Putrajaya, a yellow bangalow, I have a black BMW parked in front." He said, "I'm coming over right now, Amad. And you had better start saying your prayers." I said, "Yeah, like I'm really scared, nincompoop," and hung up.Then I called Nincompoop #2. He said, "Hello?" I said, "Hello, nincompoop," He yelled, "If I ever find out who you are..." I said, "You'll what?" He exclaimed, "I'll kick your ass," I answered, "Well, nincompoop, here's your chance. I'm coming over right now."

Then I hung up and immediately call the police, saying that I lived at 24, Taman Segah, Putrajaya, and that I was on my way over there to kill my gay lover.Then I called Channel 9 News about the gang war going down in Taman Segah Putrajaya.I quickly got into my car and headed over to Putrajaya. I got there just in time to watch two nincompoops beating the bush out of each other in front of six cop cars, an overhead news helicopter and surrounded by a news crew.NOW I feel much better. Anger management really does work.

This is the most bizzare and "dont try it at home" kind of anger management. I know that many of us let our anger out on other people. Be it those we love, or even those we don't know. The scenario shows two innocent men, getting into major trouble, because someone else was angry. Like the saying goes "A background of wrath, which can be stirred up the murderous internal pitch, does lie in every man. "

I have been angry for most times in my life. Its scary to think that I've been wasting most of my life by just being angry.

My reasons: People hurt me. I get angry
: People dont love me the way I want them to. I get angry
: I dont get what I want. I get angry

These are some of the many reasons on why we get angry. The next time you get angry dont throw it on somebody else. Solve it. Forgive the problem. Laugh at the problem. It sounds so hard. But when u do overcome anger. U think, Oh my God! I feel good!

Live life peacefully. Enjoy it. Love every moment of it. Most importantly, Forgive and forget.

Islamic hadith- Strength