Friday, February 19, 2010

ahbabtu Rasulullah.


just now, during tafaqquh, i was taken back with a story that the ustaz told us about a companion of the Prophet peace be upon him. actually it was this one sentence that made my hair stand and my body chill.


lakin anni ahbabtu Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam
tetapi sesungguhnya aku mencintai Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam.
the companion said that he didnt do much good deeds, but what he knew he had was great love and affection for the Prophet peace be upon him.

My life I've been searching silently about how to fill my heart with love for the Prophet peace be upon him with a love so great just like how the companions loved the Prophet peace be upon him the way they did. How they could give so much for Islam just leaves me speechless. How I wish I could have their hearts, even if for just a day.

Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam was more than a hero. He was more than a Prophet to us. He was more than a man can ever be. And for that, O Allah, please put into my heart the feeling of such great love for your Prophet peace be upon him like how you did in his companions. Verily there is nothing greater than the sweetness of having such love in my heart for my Prophet.

And O Allah, my love for You, may it be for eternity, and whatever I do, please help me hold on to your Rope, like how you said in the Quran "And hold on firmly all of you onto the Rope of Allah " , and May everything I do in this short life that you have blessed me with be only for You Allah. Thank You for making me a Muslim when many others haven't had the pleasure of enjoying the blessings of You and Your religion. 

My journey towards meeting You when my soul departs my body, even if it is a slow and long winding journey that has me going into paths that lead me away from You Allah, please guide me back to that one path, that one path that makes You smile when You take me away. Please instill my soul with patience, love for your creations, and gratefulness. 

Verily, even if my actions do not show, my love for You is beyond words. You brought me into this world a Muslim, so please take me out a Muslim Allah.
Ameen.

May we all hang on to the Rope of Allah and lean on Allah at all times, and know that verily Allah is all we have in the end. Worldly matters will go, people will go, but Allah remains. Even if we dont end up the perfect examples of a Muslim, I pray we die as Muslims who tried their very best.

Those who fear [and respect] their Lord in the Unseen will have forgiveness and an immense reward. (Surat al-Mulk, 12)

O you who believe. Fear [and respect] Allah the way He should be feared [and respected], and do not die except as Muslims. (Surah Al ‘Imran, 102)

But those who have fear [and respect] of their Lord will have Gardens with rivers flowing under them, remaining in them timelessly, for ever: hospitality from Allah. What is with Allah is better for those who are truly good. (Surah Al ‘Imran, 198)